Due to recent recent success Econolite is looking to expand its Field Service team.
We are seeking Field Service Representatives throughout California especially in LA and Orange counties AND Bay Area.
The Field Services Representative exists to deliver world-class customer service to our customers.
As a key member of the Econolite relationship team, FSR's work closely with the Sales team to successfully deliver and implement Econolite solutions.
FSR's routinely provide technical enrichment to customers.
As recognized subject matter experts, FSRs consult with clients about their needs and provide input to the sales process.
• Assists the sales team by uncovering customer needs and providing leads for follow up; supports the sales process by presenting solutions and technical information to customers
• Effectively communicate between Econolite Company Support Channels and Distribution Network (i.e. Econolite Systems and Econolite Distributors, etc.
• Exhibit a strong knowledge of theory, principles, practices, materials, and equipment of traffic signal operations, telecommunications, and other aspects of Intelligent Transportation Systems.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decreases turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
• Supports industry trade events by installing Econolite solutions and providing technical sales information to customers and prospects.
• Must be able to use sound judgment, reasoning, and logic to execute tasks
The successful candidate is a fast learner who retains knowledge; applies training and previous technical experience to traffic industry.
• Minimum two year degree in electronics or comparable work experience; four-year degree preferable
• Valid Driver’s license and maintain driving record in accordance with company expectations
• Computer literacy in the following software: Microsoft Office Suite, Windows or Max OS X, Microsoft Dynamics CRM (C4) or other CRM system, and Document daily activities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (C4)
• Able to pass IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician certification (IMSA Level 2) within six months of hire
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electronic schematics, engineering drawings, user manuals, and technical documents, and troubleshooting guides.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
• Must be able to stand, walk, squat, and bend at the waist for extended periods of time • Safety sensitive position—will be required to work at busy traffic intersections
• Required to drive up to five hours a day; ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• May work in various, changing outdoor weather conditions, i.e. rain, heat, snow, etc.
• Extensive business travel within assigned district
• Occasional travel outside of assigned district in support of Area or National requirements
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V - Non-Smoking Facility - Drug Free Workplace By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite can terminate the relationship “at will.” In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn a
Additional Salary Information: Paid Overtime
Econolite® is an innovator of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions, products, and services. Econolite is committed to employing advanced technologies that reduce travel time, ease congestion, enhance transit operations, provide safer mobility, and improve quality of life. The company's mission and brand promise reflect its unwavering commitment to providing transportation agencies with solutions that increase roadway efficiencies.